Grab your camera or smart phone and head outdoors to get pictures for our first ‘Our Outdoors’ photography competition for local young people aged 7 – 19.
Enter our photo competition for young people, who live in Bedminster Down, Bishopsworth, Hartcliffe, Headley Park, Highridge, Teyfant, Whitchurch Park, Withywood and Uplands.
The winner of each category in the Stephen Hewitt Young Photographer of the Year Award will win £100 cash.
Cash prizes of £50 and £25 for next two runners up in each category.
The competition launched on Monday 4 May and all entries need to be in by the deadline of 5pm on Monday 20 July.
The categories are:
- For young people aged 7 – 11 on Monday 20 July
- For young people aged 12 – 15 on Monday 20 July
- For young people aged 16 – 19 on Monday 20 July
We’re looking for fantastic photos of our local area – striking, moving or quirky images that tell a story.
The ‘Our Outdoors’ theme includes any picture taken outdoors locally.
Possible ideas include pictures of:
- Your walk to school, college or work
- Family, friends and pets
- Outdoor selfies
- Local parks and green spaces
- Your back garden
- The urban environment – it could be an interesting building, unusual angle on a bus-stop or people chatting on the street
- Anywhere outside
The judges are HWCP’s Carrie Ellis and Anne-Marie Rogers; Carolyn Hassan, Knowle West Media Centre; two of Stephen Hewitt’s family.
- Judges will be looking for pictures that are well composed and clear
- Pictures that stand out: original or something thought provoking
- Images that say something about the area – this could be positive or not so positive
FIND OUT MORE
Come to the drop-in held in the @symes community building, Peterson Avenue, Hartcliffe, Bristol BS13 0BE on Saturday 30 May from 10am-1pm or call Anne-Marie on 0117 903 8013 or email email@example.com
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
To enter the competition and view the full terms and conditions:
1. To download / collect the entry form and terms and conditions:
- Download the entry forms & T&C’s
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an entry form and copy of the full terms and conditions
- Drop into the @symes community building, Peterson Avenue, Hartcliffe, Bristol BS13 0BE and ask on reception for an entry form and paper copy of the terms and conditions
- Return the entry form along with your pic/s:
- Via email to email@example.com
- Print them and drop them to @symes or
- Put them in the post to: Carrie Ellis, ‘Our Outdoors’ photo comp, @symes community building, Peterson Avenue, Hartcliffe, Bristol BS13 0BE