Job opportunity with HWCP
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual to work with the local community in Hartcliffe and Withywood, to identify and develop the skills and aspirations of local residents and support activity that will have a lasting positive local impact. This is a really rewarding role where you can contribute directly to the well-being of our community.
Click HERE to download an application pack
The @symes community building
HWCP manages the @symes Community Building which is a light, modern, accessible building in a bustling shopping centre in South Bristol. The shopping area includes Morrisons, Morrisons petrol station, Iceland, Greggs, Boots the Chemists, a post office and other small outlets. There is free parking and cycle rack facilities, and a number of cash point machines.
Whether you are holding a large or small meeting, a training event, a counselling session, or one-to-one advice sessions, we can accommodate you.
This is a thriving and well supported business and community hub. Our business and reception team provide the reception services, facilities service and business advice and support.
The @symes eco-building has been designed to be accessible, welcoming and environmentally friendly. Features include solar panels, under-floor heating, rainwater harvesting, energy saving lighting and automatic switches.
Our vision is for the @symes building to be a community and business hub which provides opportunities for services, community activities and events which enhance the wellbeing of the people in the surrounding communities.
- FREE Wi-Fi.
- Large upstairs meeting rooms – one of which is also suitable for groups with small children.
- Accessible toilets, including disabled toilets on ground and first floor, plus shower on first floor.
- Baby change on ground floor.
- Direct level access to disabled parking bays, cycle rack and free parking.
- Equipment hire – digital projector, DVD player, TV, flipchart, laptop.
- Photocopying/faxing available on reception – there is a samll charge.
- All meeting rooms can be hired hourly, half day (4 hours) or all day.
- Public access to computers.
- Phone for 0800 numbers in the reception.
Opening hours to the public
Monday – 9am – 5pm
Tuesday – 9am – 5pm
Wednesday – 9am – 5pm
Thursday – 9am – 5pm
Friday – 9am – 5pm
Saturday – 11am – 5pm (Library only)
Sunday – Closed
Tel: 0117 903 8044